Friday, September 16, 2011

PE5_Viddler to Blogger to Edublogs

I can't seem to win on this posting issue. I just wasted the last three hours and $15 trying to figure out a hosting solution for the podcasts that my students will be making. As it turns out Viddler will not work for photo podcasts created in GarageBand, because these are technically just enhanced audio files. This has left me in the lurch. I started looking for podcast hosting sites and again everything that is free only has around 20MB of storage which probably won't cut it for multiple projects being uploaded in a week. I discovered that I can post them via most blogs, so I tried it out in Blogger with success as shown below:

However, here I am left with access to adult content, and privacy issues. I saw a post from Alison about Edublogs and I went there and it looked to be perfect solution as long as I payed for a Pro version upgrade.

So with my options limited at midnight on a Friday, and thinking this would be a good long term solution and tool, I shelled out $15.00  and signed up. I attempted a test post and to my disappointment and frustration Edublogs will only play the audio portion of the podcast it does not show the photos. The Premium customer service I payed for only operates Monday-Friday. So I will not receive an answer to my problem before I need to implement this project Monday morning. So at this point I am out of options. I would love to hear some suggestions if anyone has them. If you are reading this and have produced GarageBand photo podcasts and successfully posted them online for your students to provide comments, I would love to hear your solution.

No comments:

Post a Comment