Saturday, September 10, 2011

PE3_iMovie


The Quickest Ways to Make it Look Pro


This may be the coolest iMovie feature I never knew about. The Edit to Beat feature. This basically allows you to choose music. Listening to the music while tapping the “m” key on the beats. Then add photos or video to the music track and iMovie basically does your editting for you by making edits at each beat. Crazy!


Another feature that gets you professional looking videos with minimal effort is the movie trailer feature. It basically takes you through a step by step template where all you have to do is add content, and iMovie makes it look and sound like it was produced professionally.


I could see both of these features being very useful for a school news situation where the amount of time for editing is limited before the video needs to be broadcast. I plan to use both of these features in an upcoming project at my school where my class is supposed to document a community service day in the morning and have something to display by lunchtime. This 8 min video just saved me and my students hours. 

1 comment:

  1. Carl, it's quite encouraging to hear that you, with your video expertise, found the Edit to the Beat feature intriguing as well (I'm an "audio" guy). It kind of reminds me of how someone can use markers in Pro Tools. The big difference: iMovie, like you stated, does the "real" work for you.

    ReplyDelete